This must be a fairly new blog tag/challenge as I haven’t seen it going around much yet. (Or maybe I’m just not reading enough.) At any rate, Eric from All In A Dad’s Work included me in his list of bloggers to do this challenge, so here goes…
Here are the rules for the happiness tag.
- Five things that make you happy.
- Five songs that make you happy.
- Five bloggers that make you happy and notify them of the nomination.
Five things that make me happy:
- Hearing the kids squeal with laughter while playing together.
- A clean, organized house. I’ve read that this can increase your mood, and I absolutely believe it.
- My friends. There’s always lots of laughter when we hang out.
- Long drives by myself. It’s nice to be alone with my thoughts and/or let loose singing.
- Rum drinks by the pool/ocean/after a long day with the kids…
Five songs that make me happy:
- Chris Brown – Forever. Yes, I know this guy is a douche bag, among other things. I still can’t help but love this song. The first time I heard it was watching The Office in the wedding episode. Y’all know how much we love that show in this house, so between seeing our favorite characters get married, the hilarity of the dancing to the song, and between Little Man thinking that dancing to this song is part of a traditional wedding service, there’s lot of happiness.
- Psy – Gangnam Style. Little Man dances like a crazy man to this song, which makes everyone laugh, especially Baby Girl. When it first came out when he was 4, I had it playing when he came streaking through the living room after his bath, and he stopped dead in his tracks to copy the dance motions stark naked.
- Pharrell Williams – Happy. This is another one we all like to dance to. Plus, it’s called Happy, so clearly it deserves a spot on the list of songs that make me happy.
- Ruth B – Lost Boy. I heard this one the radio recently and love it. A piano ballad + lyrics about one of my favorite characters is something I love.
- Hanson – Crazy Beautiful. Obviously I’m going to include a Hanson song, and this is one that always makes me smile. Aside from the lyrics and high energy of the song, it was the song that helped me sell Sam on my fav band, which makes it double awesome.
Five [of the many] bloggers that make me happy: